Re: RS/6000 boot issue

Subject: Re: RS/6000 boot issue
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 17:43:28 MDT

The compiled chrp zImage can be found in arch/ppc/chrpboot
in your kernel tree. arch/ppc/boot/zImage is for PReP machines only
and will result in an OF error if you try it on a CHRP box.

> After had downloaded the 2.2.17 RPMs from the Yellowdog site I did one
> more try about build my own kernel_in_a_floppy to boot a RS6k-F50...
>
> Again, my kernel image fails, resulting only an OF error message!
>
> Could anyone send me a .config that produces a 100% CHRP booting
> zImage??
>
> Thank you.
>
> --
> | Thomas Tschoepke Soares | // Mate do
> | ttsoares@orion.ufrgs.br |(~~~//'~) estrivo bendito
> |---UIN:961141------------------------------| \ / Amargo que
> | The fact is a secondary aspect of reality | `\_/' a gente bebe...

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/