Re: can't load linux from OF anymore (who is adler?)

Subject: Re: can't load linux from OF anymore (who is adler?)
From: Bryan Stillwell (bstill@terraplex.com)
Date: Thu Aug 24 2000 - 14:12:08 MDT

On Thu, Aug 24, 2000 at 01:57:07PM -0400, christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca wrote:
>!!!! Does this mean that YDL will now boot on the dual processor machines?
>I have a 450DP and 500DP that are literally just sitting in the box until
>YDL will boot on them! I've been checking the YDL site for the last couple
>of weeks waiting for a DP announcement. Please tell me it is so and what I
>need to do to get them to boot.

Yeah, YDL will boot on dual processor machines, however, you'll need
yaboot 0.6 or later and the latest kernel. I currently only have one of
the processors working, but I think I saw something about 0.7 of yaboot
allowing you to use both processors... I haven't tried it out yet
though.

Probably the easiest way for you to get it working is to put the hard
drive from the dual G4 into another machine. Then install CS 1.2 on it
and update yaboot and the kernel. Then you can put it back in the dual
G4 and it hopefully should work.

Bryan

--
  Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.