Zip 250 USB/PCMCIA on PBG4

Subject: Zip 250 USB/PCMCIA on PBG4
From: Anthony Michael Agelastos (iqgrande@home.com)
Date: Tue Aug 14 2001 - 00:32:01 MDT

Hello and thank you for your assistance. I want to get my Iomega Zip Drive
working for me in my YDL2 partition. Here's pertinent info:

PowerBook G4
Running YellowDog 2.0 (2.2.... not 2.4....)
Did Development Workstation Install

I have the old-school Zip 250 drive (not usb-powered), which is why I have a
pcmcia adapter for it. First of all, I do not think that the pcmcia drive is
even installed (most of the distributions that I have seen will say on boot
up when pcmcia starts and mine does not). To use the usb interface, which I
would prefer not to, would probably make me install the new kernel, which
would, in turn, kill the sound on this machine (sound is a necessity). Thank
you for your help.