Re: Install Freeze

Subject: Re: Install Freeze
cbsled@ncia.net
Date: Fri Aug 24 2001 - 18:13:25 MDT

On 08/24/01, at 02:52 PM, "Alan Barker" <purbeckview@hotmail.com> said:

>I hit this problem on my 333MHz iMac but I never did get to the root cause!!!
>However rebooting and starting install from scratch seems OK. It's very
>frustrating but at least my YDL2.0 system worked fine when I eventually
>installed it.

By from scratch, do you mean format all Linux partitions during installation?

I guessed that the leftovers might be a problem, but my experience with Linux on PC's told me to try an overwrite installation first, because it sometimes works, and it almost always preserves data and the customizations that I don't remember how to redo.

Carl Brown cbsled@ncia.net
Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal.
               - British Leyland shop manual