Re: (k)mail wierdness

Subject: Re: (k)mail wierdness
From: Scott Frankel (leknarf@pacbell.net)
Date: Tue Aug 28 2001 - 22:07:31 MDT

On Tuesday 28 August 2001 06:13, Patrick Callahan wrote:
> > Curiously, when I post to this group, my email address
> > appears as papi@flaquito.snfc21.pbi.net in the mail I retrieve.
> > Yet my email account's address is leknarf@pacbell.net.
> > That's awfully strange. [papi is the user account I work in
> > on my single-user machine, "flaquito."]
>
> when you get that figured out, let me know. I've been getting a lot of
> junk lately. I'd love to be able to post to the list with a bogus address.
>
> -pat

Well, I think I know exactly how to do it! But, along with reducing the
amount of junk you receive, you'll limit the number of addresses you can
send to :)

No, I have no idea why individuals couldn't receive my mail, but you,
via this list, could! You're probably better off sticking with filters
anyway.

I'm back to leknarf in my retreived email. And various test mailings
lead me to believe that my outgoing mail issues are resolved as well.

Thanks for the well-wishing.
Scott