Re: CGI and Cumulus

Subject: Re: CGI and Cumulus
From: Brett Humphreys (bhumphre@cs.ohiou.edu)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 11:03:23 MST

larry,
      i'm gonna guess this is a compiled executable. ie, written in C/C++
Something of that sort. Every perl file needs its first line to be
something like:
#! /usr/bin/perl

or wherever the perl interpretter is. So this binary exectuable does not
have that as its first line, which is fine b/c it cannt be run by prl anyway.

okay, i havn't set up apache in about 7 months, so this is very fuzzy, But
i believe that in the apache.conf or httpd.conf or something to that effect
there is options of what cgi's can/will be able to be run. For example you
can set apache up to only run cgi's with the suffix being .cgi. Anywho, i
think you may want to play with this and see what trouble you can gt
yourself into b/c i think it is just a configuration issue with apache..

hth.
-b