ettercap anyone?

Subject: ettercap anyone?
From: Reid Anderson (resander@cs.hamilton.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 03 2001 - 16:41:22 MST

Has anyone used ettercap before? It is a packet sniffer that I am trying
to use to prove to our silly College Email Admins that we need to use
secure email passwords and that our web based email system is highly
unsecure. I am trying to packet sniff my own machine first (it's a
little more legal that way) and then I might just get the email admins
password and send her a message from herself! Anyway, If anyone has used
ettercap (or any other packet sniffer that might run under OS X), could
you please tell me a little more about using it other than what it has
in ettercap --help. I have been able to view thge html code being
viewed by many people, but only within my own subnet 150.209.130.x but I
would like to be able to see outside my subnet to the general domain
150.209.x.x. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
        Reid Anderson
        resander@cs.hamilton.edu