installing YDL 2.1 trouble?

Subject: installing YDL 2.1 trouble?
From: David Wright (dwright5@nyc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2001 - 12:12:58 MST

Greetings all,

I am trying to install YDL 2.1 on my machine.

G4 - (New World):

400 MHZ
192 MB RAM
10 GB Maxtor (Mac OS 9.0.4 and Applications only)
40 GB Seagate Barracuda already partitioned (8 partitions) for writing to
and Linux (linux formatted: 20 MB boot (HFS) 128 MB swap (Linux swap) 2000
MB Root (Linux partition) home 500 MB (Linux)

For some reason the YDL partition maker only see's the 20 MB BOOT partition
as a 32 MB partition that it doesn't want to make into a yaboot partition.
When i get to the step where it would say "Do you want YDL to create your
boot partition now", it just offers "to run linux you have to create a ybin
partition to boot from or start from open firmware".
 Which i suppose is fine but i'm very curious why it will not recognize my
(already formatted) boot partition, i have tried installing a variety of
ways with different partition schemes and package installations right now
i'm trying the "development package" (recommended).

Once i boot into Linux from Open firmware will i be able to set up the
yaboot in my 32 MB boot partition?

I would appreciate any help or guidance anyone could provide. Thanks in
advance.

-David