IMAP Server-side rules/filtering

Subject: IMAP Server-side rules/filtering
From: Bryn Hughes (linux@mail.demian.shacknet.nu)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2001 - 11:34:55 MST

Is there some way to have the standard IMAP server automatically filter
incoming messages into different folders within one account? For example,
if I subscribe to a mailing list, I'd like all the messages to go to a
folder for that list. (like this list!) Currently I just create separate
accounts for everything like that, or create client-side rules. Either of
these solutions isn't particularly efficient and I'd like a better way to do
it.

TIA,
Bryn