Re: HFS help

Subject: Re: HFS help
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2002 - 15:38:43 MST

on 2/6/02 1:13 PM, r.e.dolinsky@verizon.net purportedly said:

> I'm sorry I am a newbie with most stuff on linux. I cannot for the life of
> me firgure out how to get my hfs partitions to load under linux. Someone
> please help, I need to run mol and I need access to important files.

HFS partitions do not need to be, and should not be, mounted under Linux
while using MOL. MOL (or more specifically, the Mac OS under MOL) takes care
of it's own mounting. If you just want to access files of an HFS partition
in Linux proper (not MOL), man hmount (if the partition is HFS+, you would
use hpmount, but there are no man pages for the hp* commands--their usage is
exactly the same as the h* commands, however).

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.