Re: A few (lot?) queries from a neophyte

Subject: Re: A few (lot?) queries from a neophyte
From: Stephanie Bryant (steph@scottrell.com)
Date: Wed Feb 27 2002 - 13:38:51 MST

I know the answers to two of these questions. Sorry I can't be more help. :)

> (4) Are there any good Linux/Unix/BSD/OS X intro sites for relative
> neophytes (I have used mach before but only on a terminal and for stuff
> like pine, pico and ftp)?

linuxnewbie.org
linuxchix.org

> (7) If I login without the GUI (e.g. opt-ctrl-F2), how can I activate the
> KDE GUI? I thought it was xstart but that doesn't do anything other than
> swear)

You're close-- startx

--
Stephanie Cottrell Bryant

steph@scottrell.com http://www.scottrell.com Author: Teach Yourself HTML 4.0 (IDG Books) Co-Author: The Gimp for Linux Bible (with Tillman Hodgson, IDG Books) Ask me about the National Writers Union! (http://www.nwu.org)