Newbie question(s)?

Subject: Newbie question(s)?
From: Larry Tague (ltague@physio1.utmem.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 17 2001 - 08:34:12 MST

I am in the process of trying to make up my mind concerning the potential for
converting from an Aspen Systems Durango II Alpha (600MHz - 64 bit) running Tru64
(DEC UNIX - OSF) and serving about 400 users running sendmail, mysql, apache
etc., to a dual 533MHz G4 box running Champion 1.2.1 (Yellow Dog) or maybe Black
Lab. Has anyone on this list made such a jump, and/or does anyone have similar
experience?? I would like the good the bad and the ugly... if you know what I
mean. The hardward differences I know about, but I am more concerned with ease
of use, and the robustness of this YDL operating system. Is it stable (very few
crashes), etc.

Is Black Lab the same as Yellow Dog except for its ability to manage multiple
nodes?

Thanks for any advise you can send my way.

Cheers!

Larry