Re: HELP! Long ping times under Yellow Dog Linux

Subject: Re: HELP! Long ping times under Yellow Dog Linux
From: Gawain Reifsnyder (gawain@guitar.net)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 09:44:21 MST

I think I may have found the problem... After (finally) getting
around to installing analog on the G4 and analyzing some of the
recent log files it looks like we may simply be whacking our upstream
bandwidth cap. The machine is serving about 827MB/day, which works
out to 9.8kb/second (78.4kbps) averaged over 24 hours. We could
easily be hitting our 128kbps bandwidth cap a good part of the time.

Thanks again to all who responded. We'll now be moving up the
schedule for getting a faster connection. :-)