Weirdness with a Performa 6360

Subject: Weirdness with a Performa 6360
From: Shawn Dunn (osirusg@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 14 2002 - 10:00:21 MST

Well, I think I've gone and done it this time. I've got a Performa 6360, 72MB RAM, 6Gigs for YDL2.0, and it died on me, the booter wouldn't even get into the second stage bootloader, so I zapped the crap outta the PRAM, to no avail. So after a repartition, reformat, and reinstall, I've got OS8.6 and YDL2.0 reinstalled, but now I've got some weirdness happening.

1) Now the machine won't go into 1024x768, and BootX hangs if I try to boot into YDL at 800x600 (haven't tried 832x624)

2) cdrecord gives me some strange error about not being able to get massmsg? from /dev/zero when I try to run 'cdrecord speed=2 dev=0,1,0 whatever.iso' cdrecord worked fine before things went to hell

3) X will no longer fire up, I get an error about unable to allocate a display, IIRC, and X was working fine before as well.

I know I'm a little vague atm, not sitting in front of the machine, but does anybody have any ideas?

                --SF