Re: Modem issues with 2000 iBookSE

Subject: Re: Modem issues with 2000 iBookSE
From: Andy Hocker (hocker@fnal.gov)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 17:38:21 MST

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, Andy wrote:

> Sorry if this has been covered before, but I've run out of things to try.
>
> The dialup config ap in YDL 2.1 cannot find my modem. I tried a
> workaround involving some 'chat scripts' that would let me connect to
> the internet, but now for some reason, those do not work either. I know
> this has something to do with a delay in my modem, but I'm not quite
> sure how to fix it.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time,

1) Use KPPP instead of dialup config
2) Use /dev/ttyS0 as your modem device
3) Set your pre- and post-init delays to something like 2 seconds
4) Read the list archives (that's why I'm being so terse here)

Good luck,
Andy

Andy Hocker office: CDF trailer 168-O
University of Rochester phone: (630)-840-8622
Fermilab/CDF - M.S. 318 fax: (630)-840-2968
PO Box 500 e: hocker@fnal.gov
Batavia, IL 60510 hey ho: let's go