Re: Newbie question: su root?

Subject: Re: Newbie question: su root?
From: ke Svensson (aakesve@algonet.se)
Date: Thu Jan 24 2002 - 11:58:11 MST

Success report (!):

I succeeded in using MacSSH as recommended by Iain and it turned out that
all I had to do was to add the line: 'sshd my_ip_number' to the file
/etc/hosts.allow. And it immediately worked! It seems to me that ssh is more
easily configured and more secure than telnet.

Now I can manage the Linux box remotely logged in as root, which I see as
great breakthrough in my learning history!

Thanks for all the leads and a great Yellow Dog list!

Best Regards,

Ake Svensson, Mac fanatic since 1987, linux geek since 2001