Reset video options?

Subject: Reset video options?
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 19:40:27 MST

Hi, all. I had a puzzling session this morning installing YDL 2.1 to a B&W
G3 I just inherited from my Dad who gave up on it for MacOS and decided to
go with a G4. At any rate, I booted from the install CD with a spare
monitor I had which is an old fixed-frequency 14" (640x480) which I have
used very well attached to the 8500 I have previously been working on.
When the initial boot messages displayed, all looked well until the
screen went bazonkers and became unreadable. So then I hooked up my Apple
17" multi-synch and used that to install with. But now I am afraid when I
take the machine over to the Co-Lo where it will be living, that
attaching a generic VGA terminal will result in the same unreadable
screen. What will be my solution here? Why cannot I see a display using
the fixed 14" monitor?

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/