Re: installing YDL: fstab e readonly filesystem

Subject: Re: installing YDL: fstab e readonly filesystem
From: Pierluigi Ricci (pierluigi.ricci@rcs.it)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 01:50:54 MDT

>on 7/12/00 7:09 AM, Pierluigi Ricci at pierluigi.ricci@rcs.it wrote:
>
>> But that's not all: my root is only read and I can't write (as root).
>>
>> So I can't make the fstab file, because I can only read, and at the same
>> time I can't get the permission for write, because I miss that fstab file.
>>
>> Please: what can I do? I'm spending all my time to make new installs. Help
>> me!
>
>This happened for me as well - what a pain - but it is fixable.
>
>When you get to the shell prompt and find you can't write anything type
>this:
>
>mount -o remount,rw /your/mounted/filesystem/here
>
>That should remount it in read/write mode and then you can recreate the
>missing fstab file.
>
>Hope that helps you out.
>--
>Darron
>darron@fudgehead.com

Thank you for the help, but still have problems:
I have the root on the partition named hda11, I tried the command you told me:
mount -o remount,rw /dev/hda11
mount -o remount,rw /root
mount -o remount,rw /
but the answer is always the same:

can't create lock file /etc/mtab~61: Read only file system (use -n
flag to override)
can't create lock file /etc/mtab~62: Read only file system (use -n
flag to override)
can't create lock file /etc/mtab~63: Read only file system (use -n
flag to override)

Where I'm wrong???

Pierluigi Ricci