Re: PostFix - and how to make it

Subject: Re: PostFix - and how to make it
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup999@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 12:25:09 MDT

Rob,

I think we discussed this before.

Your problem is that you don't have the tools installed you need to compile
the package. I have installed YDL from the first (bootable) CD of YDL 2.0
plus the "yup update" packages.
I do have the development setup installed and I did a compile of PostFix the
other day and it did work fine.
What you need to do is:
Install all the packages which belong to the development kit (gcc, libs,
includes, kernel development, etc.). It can and it will let you make
PostFix, if you follow these instructions.
In the time you have already spent on this problem, you could also have
backed up the files you need to have backed up and re-installed the machine
from scratch including the development packages this time.
If you do that it compiles virtually 'out of the box'. I did this the other
day, when you told me where the source can be found. I downloaded it and
just built it. It's really no big deal.

If you want, I can send you a list of all packages I have currently
installed on my machine. You can use that list to install the packages
you're missing (using some rpm script to scan the list, check if the package
is installed and if not, install it from the YDL 2.0 CD).

Best regards,
Chris