Re: Language Paradigms (was RTFM Resources Wanted)

Subject: Re: Language Paradigms (was RTFM Resources Wanted)
From: Kevin McCarty (mccark@swbell.net)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 16:36:10 MDT

The innovation in Linux is the OpenSource software, databases, OS's, etc. Go buy
Trusted Solaris (not reg. solaris) for a 100(0's) workstation environment or
enterprise and see what it costs. Go buy Oracle for 12 ea 4 cpu Sun 450's and
don't faint when the sales guy smiles and says " ...that will be 2.1 million
dollars". Go and buy the software packages for monitoring networks, firewalls,
and intrusion detection. You will pay up the wazoo and *STILL* not get the
tailoring aspects needed for "your special situation". tailoring costs. And this
is not even mentioning Bill $$$ and company.

The main reason to use an OS is to do business or teach. (IMHO)

good day,

kevin