Re: NIC 3c905c driver

Subject: Re: NIC 3c905c driver
From: Philippe L. Houze (plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 04:27:58 MDT

Hi Scott,

I had originally a SMC (rtl 8139) install in the Mac (9600/350). I could not
have it work unless it was setup at 10 Mbps, I had a lot of problem with it.
Got a 3c905c on eBay, use the driver as a module. Works like a charm.

I unfortunately know nothing about the Intel Pro 100+. But, the eepro100
driver being installed ( I checked on mine /lib/modules/2.2.19-1i/net) if
you enter the following line in modules.conf: alias eth1 eepro it should
works (well, at least that's what I was told with the rtl8139). Eth0 is your
internal ethernet, remove every instance you can find, if you plan to use
your Intel NIC.

Hope this helps,

Philippe