Re: Httpd

Subject: Re: Httpd
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Sat Jul 21 2001 - 07:20:05 MDT

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Robert Brandtjen wrote:
>/usr/sbin/apachectl configtest (or any other command) has no response other
>then "apachectl does not exist"
>
>Thatıs supposed to install by default, at least it has when I roll my own.
>Any suggestions ?

 Try 'whereis apachectl', it might not be where you think it is. I also a
strong advocate for rolling your own though. This way you know exactly
where these apps are, which options were compiled in, etc. and if any
expoits are found with that version, chances are you'll be able to patch
it much faster than if it was an RPM.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada