YDL 2.0 and new iBook?

Subject: YDL 2.0 and new iBook?
From: Martin von Weissenberg (mweissen@mac.com)
Date: Sun Jul 22 2001 - 11:54:28 MDT

Dear list, :-)

I would be happy to hear some comments from people who are using YDL 2.0
on the new iBook. I'm thinking of installing YDL 2.0 on my new iBook
(dual USB, CD-ROM version w/192M RAM), mainly because OS X seems so heavy
and YDL has Mac OS compatibility through MOL. I'm quite familiar with
Linux.

How does YDL handle changing network environments? I find myself jumping
between two DHCP networks every day, using a modem dialup sometimes and
being offline every now and then.

How well do the iBook batteries hold up under YDL? Linux is quite disk
intensive.

How much memory would you consider "just enough" for YDL and a windowing
environment (presumably Gnome 1.4)?

Thanks in advance,
--Martin

Martin von Weissenberg <mvw@iki.fi> +358-400-314159
"Bother", said Pooh. "Eeyore, ready photon torpedoes and lock phasers
on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room three."