Re: Getting wu-ftp running

Subject: Re: Getting wu-ftp running
From: Andrei Verovski (andrei.verovski@parks.lv)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 04:51:06 MDT

Hi,

There are two solutions:

1) Configure wu-ftpd with latest webmin.

2) Use proftpd (very powerful and secure ftp server), which uses
html-like config file syntax. You can get PPC rpm version from SuSE Linux
PPC.

>to go down that road again if I don't have to. Also, I really dislike
>command lines and typing text into configuration files. Too prone to typos
>caused by my fat clumsy fingers. Does pure-ftp have a webmin interface?

You have to do it if you want to use linux at full power. Otherwise, you
have to pay at least $1000 and stick with underpowered and overpriced
thing like MacOS X Server or Windows NT.

* Best Regards --- Andrei Verovski *
* e-mail --- andrei.verovski@bigfoot.com *
* *
* Personal Home Page *
* http://homepage.mac.com/macgurutemple/ *
* Mac, Linux, DTP, Development, IT WEB Site *