Re: Just Downloaded and Burned..??

Subject: Re: Just Downloaded and Burned..??
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 21:24:24 MDT

At 10:40 PM -0500 7/31/01, YellowDogLinux_List wrote:

>I just opened Toast and selected Disc Image and selected the downloaded file
>and then mounted and YES I was able to Mount it. It mounted two images...one
>titled "ppc" and the other "YDL-2.0" and inside those, there are lots of
>folders. How should I burn this now?

DON'T MOUNT IT. Just burn it in Disc Image mode.

By mounting it, you may have corrupted the image. Toast mounts
unlocked image files read/write, and the Finder WILL screw around
with things and write to the image once it's mounted, even if you
don't explicitly write any files. In particular, the Finder has a
habit of making formerly bootable images unbootable. You should
never use Toast to mount an image you intend to burn without first
locking the image.

--
Tim Seufert