Re: HelixCode GNOME

Subject: Re: HelixCode GNOME
From: Graham Leggett (minfrin@sharp.fm)
Date: Thu Apr 27 1972 - 09:09:12 MST

Dan Burcaw wrote:

> Just thought I'd pass on the word that HelixCode now officially supports
> Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.2 with their new HelixCode GNOME
> packages of GNOME 1.2. Go to http://www.helixcode.com to get the
> installer.

I tried both the original go-gnome and the manual installer-latest-ppc
methods of installation. Both methods segfault on startup.

The FAQ mentions a fix for a crash, and then offers a link to
http://www.helixcode.com/desktop/updater.php3 claiming that an updated
version is available. Dunno if I am looking straight through it, but I
see nothing to download from that page.

Can anyone enlighten me on how Gnome v1.2 should be installed?

Regards,
Graham

minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street