XFree86-4.0 help: erratic mouse

Subject: XFree86-4.0 help: erratic mouse
From: David Haines (djhain@music.umass.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 11:27:48 MDT

I've successfully installed XFree86-4.0, and I can "startx" fine, but when I
do, the following happens: the cursor appears in the middle of the screen,
and as soon as I move mouse, the cursor becomes stuck/trapped at the bottom
of the screen. The KDE "toolbar" opens & closes rapidly, but the correlation
with mouse movement is a mystery. Clicking the mouse buttons has no effect.
    I've successfully run mouseconfig and keybdconfig.

    checking var/log/XF86, I see the following:

    Symbol XF86FreeInt10 from module
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/r128_drv.o is unresolved !

    Could this be causing the problem, or be related at all ? Any ideas on
how to fix this ? BTW, starting up linux, everything seems fine (no error
messages).

    Running CS 1.2, with the included kernel.