Re: Is HFS+ Supported?

Subject: Re: Is HFS+ Supported?
From: djhain (djhain@music.umass.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 19 2000 - 10:19:49 MDT

I'm running exactly the kind of set up you're asking about:
    Mac OS 9.04 on a HFS+ formatted drive, where the linux boot files
reside (vmlinux, yaboot.tbxi, & yaboot.conf)
2nd drive with a Mac HFS partition (with Mac OS 8.6), as well as the
linux partitions.
    To boot into linux, I hold down cmd-opt-o-f and type: boot
hd:5,yaboot in order to make this work, I renamed "yaboot.tbxi" to
"yaboot". This way, I can move easily between Linux, and two Mac OS's.
    The 2nd drive was setup with Apple's Drive Setup utility, but it
took some trial and error. In the end, I still had to format the linux
partitions using pdisk, from within the install process.