Re: video drivers?

Subject: Re: video drivers?
From: Mari Masuda (mari@SDF.lonestar.org)
Date: Fri Jun 29 2001 - 23:10:57 MDT

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001, Jim Cole wrote:

> Hi - How much RAM do you have in your PowerBook? If you are running with
> 64 MB and using one of the heavier desktops (e.g. KDE, Gnome) that might
> explain your problem. I don't see much jerkiness with my Lombard, but it
> has 128 MB of RAM and I have been using Window Maker with GNUstep.
>
> Jim

I have 320 MB physical RAM but I have been using KDE. I am new to Linux
but not totally unfamiliar with the command line interface (I had a job in
high school that involved limited use of a Unix machine) so any
tips/pointers to more information/general clues would be much appreciated.
I just ordered a Linux reference book from Amazon.com today so hopefully
it will come soon and I will be able to figure some of this out without
annoying everyone on the list with my silly questions! :-)

Mari

--
Mari Masuda                             \     /
mari@sdf.lonestar.org           .________\(O)/________.