Video/Monitor problem

Subject: Video/Monitor problem
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 15:19:30 MST

... well, my mouse works fine now, following replacing the cord and also copying
the vmlinux into the mac system folder from the 2.2.18 on YDL.

My current problem (I will be happy when the basic things work once more!) is
that the monitor settings are hooped. When I was using 2.2.17, running setup
would automatically set up for my LG Studioworks 775N monitor without me
intervening. Silly me, I didn't take a copy of the XF86Config file before using
the 2.2.18 files. Now, I get what was happening way back (a month or so ago :-)
when I first loaded 1.2 of YDL where it's asking me to identify my monitor,
which isn't in the list. I do have visual in X, but it's squashed horizontally
and the cursor leaves a black trail...
If anyone knows of what may be missing that allows my YDL to automatically set
the monitor for X, please respond.

Thank you,
Donn