Routing and Forwarding

Subject: Routing and Forwarding
From: Barry Sparenborg (sparenborgb@hadadycorp.com)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 07:25:15 MST

Hi,

I have finally got diald to run on my 8500/YDL 1.2.1. Works fine when I run
from the 8500 but when I try it from my 7600 it does not auto dial. I have
my default gateway on the 7600 set to the ip address of the 8500. I can
ping from both machines. How can I tell if forwarding is actually working
on the 8500 YDL server? The config files say forwarding is on but I don't
know how to tell if is actually working or not. I also have a intel box
with RedHat 5.0 installed on the same network. It is also setup to forward
ip. Could this be screwing things up? I shut it down when I try things on
the 8500 so I wouldn't expect it would be confusing things. My Route table
looks fine as compared to my other Linux box. What am I missing here?

Help and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

* Barry Sparenborg
* Manager, Manufacturing Technologies
* Hadady Corporation
* 1832 Lake St.