Re: How to set hostname in YDL 2.1?

Subject: Re: How to set hostname in YDL 2.1?
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 02:34:29 MST

Things to check:
1) That lpd is running
You might use
service lpd start
or
service lpd restart
as root in a command terminal. (If you become root by su, you might need
to use /usr/sbin/service )

2) Maybe the printer is not configured correctly (spooling disabled?).
Try running printtool to re-configure your printer. Specifically, try
creating a new printer to represent your current device and see if that
works.

I'm not sure what the specific error message you are getting means -
perhaps someone else has more direct experience in this area.

Ben.