Re: 2.4.18 Compile Error

Subject: Re: 2.4.18 Compile Error
From: Ben Stanley (bds02@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sun Mar 03 2002 - 17:24:19 MST

cbsled@ncia.net wrote:

>I found the nice config instructions at
>http://www.powerbooklinux.net/plain_page.php?caller=imaclinux.php3+record=46
>and followed them closely, saving off a copy of the resulting config file.
>After that, I ran the kernel build again, using:
>
> make vmlinux
>
>Same error.
>This is from the 2.4.18 sources from a kernel.org mirror.
>Penguinppc pointed me toward the benh source tree.
>
>With that finally rsync'ed over the 56K, it's time to compile, using the saved config file.
>
>Same error. Exactly the same. Every time.
>
>Different config settings, different source, different make commands, same error.
>
>I'm stumped.

Maybe there's something special about you :-) .

That probably means there's something up with your build system. Or
there's an old config or something hanging around in that directory. Try
unpacking the tar into a new directory... (but I suspect that's *not* it).

Do you know how to use rpm's -V option to verify your packages? Any
package mentioned in Documentation/CHANGES would be good to check. And
check the version numbers while you're there (or did you do that already?).

I'm about to compile a 2.4.18 myself, so I'm hoping I don't run into
your problems...

Ben.

Ben.