Re: Directory structure on YDL vs. RedHat

Subject: Re: Directory structure on YDL vs. RedHat
From: Keary Suska (hierophant@pcisys.net)
Date: Fri Mar 08 2002 - 16:24:11 MST

on 3/8/02 4:07 PM, wizards44@earthlink.net purportedly said:

> I am wondering if anyone else has tried using Apple's Darwin
> Streaming Server on YDL. I tried to install and found lots of
> discrepancies in the installation scripts compared to what should
> have been installed. It does not work for me, yet apparently it has
> been brought up on RedHat x86. Anyone know about this?

What do you mean by "discrepancies"? Because it is different doesn't
necessarily mean it is wrong. An installation script may make bad
assumptions about where things should go if it doesn't recognize the distro,
but these issues are usually negligible as long as it understands the basic
OS. One case could be that rc scripts aren't installed if the script thinks
the OS doesn't support SYS V style rc, but that should not break the
program.

Perhaps if we knew:
1) how it is being installed (RPM vs source, etc); and
2) what exactly isn't working and how do you know it isn't working (log
entries, error messages, unexpected behavior, etc.)

Then perhaps we can help you.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.