Connecting to a 10/100 Hub

Subject: Connecting to a 10/100 Hub
From: John Doyle (smials@claramail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 03:04:22 MST

I have a Umax S900/YDL2.1 which has worked very well with a Netgear
10Mb hub through the standard ethernet interface. I use a fixed 192.168
IP address for this purpose.

I just bought a Linksys 10/100 hub and can no longer connect to the
network, even though the hub correctly recgnises a 10Mb connection -
ping just returns host unreachable. The interface does work as I can
connect to the hub in both MacOS X and 9.1.

I can't manage to find anything on this topic to help me. Can anyone
point me in the right direction? Do I need different drivers to connect
to a 10/100 hub?

thanks

John