Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso be available for FTP download?

Subject: Re: When will the YDL 2.2 iso be available for FTP download?
From: Pat Plummer (ppat@fmtc.com)
Date: Mon Mar 18 2002 - 22:49:42 MST

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 20:56, Robert Brandtjen wrote:

> THAT was my point, ya know - I only brought up intel/86 to point out to those
> who where pretending bragging rights to apple, that they aren't perfect
> either, just the opposite. That was defending Linux in general. Look back at
> the posts, this thread started because I said it was worth 20.00 to download
> the ISO, that they and everyone else who produces Linux Distros need monitary
> support to continue.

I should have been more clear, Robert. I realize that THAT was your
point :) . It irks me, though, that other folks bring stuff like this
("it works better on my x86 box etc etc") up on the YDL list
periodically when the install of YDL doesn't exactly meet all of their
unrealistic expectations. I'm not saying I'm an expert at this schtick.
I'm most definitely not. But you have to admit that it takes alot more
research and understanding of the integral underpinnings and how they
interact with the hardware to run a Linux system than it does a MacOS or
(ick) a Windows box. I wish it wasn't, but it is.

TSS is continually getting their poop more tightly grouped in this
regard with every iteration and I do think that they listen to what
people say with regard to improvements that can be made even though
those suggestions might not get explicit acknowledgement each and every
time they're made.

> There is AMD, ya know. http://www.tyan.com/products/html/tigermp.html

Yeah, well, my emotional bias is toward the PPC chip and this is a PPC
based distro/list :). Sorry ...

Pat

--
Embrace the penguin...