Re: Problem with RS/6000 43P 150 install

Subject: Re: Problem with RS/6000 43P 150 install
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 16:42:37 MDT

Simon,

I hope to have a new CS 1.2 zImage available "any time now".. still
fussing with some sort of memory conflict.

I'll post a test kernel tonight for people to try. Maybe my problems won't
show up on a 150.

> I am having problems with installing cs-1.2 on a 43P 150. I have read
> through the installation guide, which refers to zImage.initrd file.
> However, I cannot find this file. I have burned a CD from the ISO images,
> which mounts correctly, but the /install directory is non-functional (I
> can't cd into it). I cannot find this file in the file tree on any ftp
> server either.
>
> I did find zImage.initrd for cs-1.1, which after downgrading my video card
> boots just fine, but it does not recognize the cs-1.2 CD. I would just
> install cs-1.1, but I can't find an ISO image of it anywhere.
>
> Could someone who has successfully installed cs-1.2 on 43P 150 or other
> RS/6000 please tell me what floppy image(s) I need to successfully boot
> and start cs-1.2 install from CD? Or alternatively, where can I find
> cs-1.1 ISO image?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon Hill (simon@metasystema.org)
> http://www.metasystema.org

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations and Parallel Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/