USB Keyboard Weirdness: cdcd

Subject: USB Keyboard Weirdness: cdcd
From: Waldo L. Jaquith (waldo@waldo.net)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 11:28:53 MDT

Folks,

I've had a problem with my system for a bit. Rev. A iMac running CS1.2.
This happened with 1.1 as well, though.) No weird modifications on the
system or anything.

At the prompt, half the time when I type "cd" it gets repeated to be "cdcd".
At first I thought that I was typing too quickly, as I type at about 120wpm,
and that I was fumbling on the keyboard. But I regularly use several
distributions, switching between them many times each day. This only
happens on YDL. And "cdcd" would be a weird mistake. "cdd" I could see,
but not "cdcd".

This doesn't happen with anything else. "grep" doesn't become "greggrep,"
and "ls" doesn't become "lsls."

I boot into X, so perhaps this is just an X problem. Anyhow, if any of you
folks have encountered this, I'd love to hear about it. 'Cuz this is weird.

Best,
Waldo