Sound Control on PowerBook G3

Subject: Sound Control on PowerBook G3
From: Donnie Fischer (donnie@mac.com)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 21:22:24 MDT

Hey everyone,

You guys have always given me perfect answers to my questions, and I have
another one. I haven't been able to find it in any literature that I've
been reading (it's mostly red hat based).

How do I control the volume and sound settings in Linux on a PowerBook G3
Wallstreet? The system does not respond to any of the external controls
since there is not Mac OS software interface with the hardware. I'm sure
there is a way to configure this in Linux, but I've not found it.

I can enable sound, but it uses what the Mac OS setting is. If I want to
change the volume, I have to reboot into Mac OS with BootX and change the
volume, then reboot back into Linux. Please tell me there is an easier way
to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Donnie
donnie@mac.com