Re: iBook internal modem

Subject: Re: iBook internal modem
From: Dan Burcaw (dburcaw@terraplex.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 19:02:26 MDT

Michael,

You have to use yaboot instead of BootX in order to use your modem.
Essentially, BootX is being phased out and so the author has quit
making hacks to it to support the newer systems. It was becoming
more effort then it was worth.

Hope this helps!

> Greetings all,
>
> I'm just getting started with YDL and have much to learn. I got CS
> 1.2 installed and working beautifully on my 3 Gig iBook.
>
> The only problem, no modem. I've done all the usual configuring that
> I know to do with my limited knowlege. All I get is "modem not
> responding".
>
> Does anyone know if this modem is supported? Any response (no, yes,
> maybe, I don't know) would be appreciated.
>
> As always, thanks in advance...
> michael

Regards,
Dan

Terra Soft Solutions, Inc.
 http://www.terrasoftsolutions.com/

 Yellow Dog Linux
 http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/

 Black Lab Linux
 Advanced Workstations, Parallel, and Embedded Solutions
 http://www.blacklablinux.com/