Re: Impossible with YDL on plain G4? (was: Re: FAQ and Yaboot)?

Subject: Re: Impossible with YDL on plain G4? (was: Re: FAQ and Yaboot)?
From: Michael Wilkinson (michaelwilkinson@mac.com)
Date: Sun May 21 2000 - 11:08:15 MDT

>At 17.18 -0400 00-05-20, Michael Wilkinson wrote/00-05-20, 17.18
>-0400 skrev Michael Wilkinson:
>
>>After receiving the ok, just type boot and see what happens. This
>>works on my iBook, maybe it will work on your G4.
>
>So a step-by-step process should look like this:
>
>1. setenv...
>2. shutdown
>3. restart, go into OF
>4. type boot
>
>or is it
>
>1. setenv...
>4. type boot

David,

Either should work. The first one will boot you directly to yaboot
where you type linux assuming the label in your config file is
assigned linux.

The second one, after typing boot, will put you in yaboot where you
type linux as above.

My config file looks like this:

init-message = "\nWelcome to Yellow Dog Linux!\nHit <TAB> for boot
options.\n\n"
timeout = 150
default = linux

image = hd:8,\\vmlinux
     label = linux
     root=/dev/hda9
     novideo

My macos partition is 8, my linux partition is 9

hope this helps,
michael