Re: Toasting install CD's

Subject: Re: Toasting install CD's
From: Philippe Moreau (tnours@CAM.ORG)
Date: Thu May 25 2000 - 21:52:55 MDT

Don't worry about ISO

- In the Toast menu, select "Disk Image"
- Click on the "Data" button & select your image
- You're ready to burn !
- If Toast displays a dialog about sectors and blocks, just leave it as is

>Hi all!
>
> I too am a newbie trying to burn the *install.img and
>*tasty.img. To make
>a long story short I've burned 3 so far with no success. I went through
>the YellowDog listserve archives to see what I'm doing wrong, and have
>noticed a few posts with experiences similar to my own. Now I'm beginning
>to suspect the drive I purchased came with a crippled version of Toast -
>when I pull down the Format menu within Toast I see no listing for burning
>ISO's. Adaptec's website lists two different flavors of their software:
>OEM and Deluxe. Sigh.
>
> Does anyone have another suggestion for burning the image to CD? I do
>have access to a Windoze machine with a CD-burner; can I move the *.imgs
>onto it and burn from there? Will I need to change anything (file
>extensions, etc?).
>
> Or (I know it's a Toast image) can I mount the image using
>DiskCopy, copy
>the contents to the harddrive, and run the installer that way? I actually
>tried that, but the filenames are cut off.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!
>
> sertsa

     *** ***
     ************
      **********
      **********
      **********
       ********
        ****** Philippe Moreau
      **********
    ************** PhilM@T-Nours.com
       ********
       ******** http://www.cam.org/~tnours/
       *** ***
      *** ***
      *** ***

   In a World Without Walls and Fences, Who need Windows and Gates?