Re: YellowDog can't emulate three buttons?

Subject: Re: YellowDog can't emulate three buttons?
From: Dan (dan.kortschak@adelaide.edu.au)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 19:23:54 MDT

Hi,
        I tried using the instructions at Otto's site and found that it didn't work.
I don't know if that is because it was for LinuxPPC or because it was for
kernal 2.2.10 (cf 2.2.15 for CS1.2). Though I think it is more likely the
latter. I think there is generally a significant problem with the USB system
in the current kernal (for reasons that I have gone into previously - I'll
just say that recently the USB problem of not being able to boot with my
Logitech wheel mouse has deteriorated so that Linux can't be booted with it
attached under _any_ mouse setting although I works fine if I boot with the
Apple mouse and then swap after boot. I think that the USB system is not being
properly initialised or something).

Dan

>It is not a YDL problem. The manual is wrong and refers to how things
>worked in older manuals. Have you tried using the instructions at:
>http://people.a2000.nl/omoerbe/?

>> I'm wondering if this is only a YellowDog bug, and it's better to change
>> distro, or it is quite a kernel+XF68_FBdev bug.
[snip]

--