Re: can not compile the kernel for IBM B50

Subject: Re: can not compile the kernel for IBM B50
From: Hollis Blanchard (hollis@andrew.cmu.edu)
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 21:42:20 MDT

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 08:45:18AM +0700, Pongsit wrote:
> can any one please help me on how to compile the kernel for B50 ? i have
> download kernel 2.2.19 from www.kernel.org and i am rungin YDL 1.2.1
> and use config file from ibm website . it did compile but hang when boot .
> can anyone please tell me step by step ,do i need any patch or any other
> software to compile it ?

The PowerPC-specifc sources generally work better on your machine. Also, 2.4,
although still under heavy development on the PPC side, has better support for
your machine than 2.2.

For details on how to get PPC sources, see
http://penguinppc.org/dev/kernel.shtml

Also, I assume you know that you should be using the zImage under the chrpboot
directory.

-Hollis