Re:PATH editing correction

Subject: Re:PATH editing correction
From: Leslie Everett (leverett@tiac.net)
Date: Sat Nov 11 2000 - 06:47:02 MST

Lest I lead anyone new reading this astray, the:

"export PATH="$PATH:/home/leverett/bin" command, it turns out; only
worked for as long as I was logged on. When I exited my user account it
deleted my appended directory from the PATH. So I had to keep exporting
it each time I logged on again. So... What I ended up doing was creating
a ".profile" file in my home directory, then I wrote this line in the
".profile" file:

PATH=$PATH":/home/leverett/bin"

That worked, now my directory remains in the PATH. When I logout and
logback on again, it's still there. Now I can figure out how to write
some C code.

Cheers,

- Leslie Everett