Re: fonts in koffice

Subject: Re: fonts in koffice
From: Charlie Watts (cewatts@frontier.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 03:34:17 MST

On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Tim Hodgson wrote:

> Not sure if this is directly YDL-related, but thought I'd start here.
> I seem to be missing a fair number of fonts in KOffice, most obviously
> in KFormula, which has no Greek alphabet! This is KOffice version
> 1.1-3 running on KDE 2.2.1, on a 'workstation' install of YDL 2.0.
>
> Font paths in XF86Config-4 seem to be as recommended in various FAQs,
> and I'm getting no helpful error messages, to console or anywhere
> else, about what's missing.

Different fonts seem to be available throughout KDE when
Control Center -> Look & Feel -> Fonts -> "Use Anti-Aliasing ..."
is on or off.

If you look at the output of "xlsfonts | grep -i symbol" do you see some
symbol fonts?

But they don't show up in KDE?

Do they show up in non-KDE X applications?

--
Charlie Watts
cewatts@frontier.net