Re: 2.1 install probs(cant mount cd/dvd)

Subject: Re: 2.1 install probs(cant mount cd/dvd)
From: David Wheeler (David@Wheeler.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 20:16:52 MST

On Fri, 9 Nov 2001, Robert Story wrote:

> Try switching over to the shell window BEFORE selecting the install media
> and mounting the CD by hand. Check the dmesg log and /dev for different
> device names to try and mount on /mnt/media (or whatever the link is in
> /mnt)

I would, but the truth is that it makes no sense. I've booted the TiBook
with the YDL 2.1 CD by holding down the 'c' key, so by the time I get to
that stage in the installation, it should be perfectly obvious that the CD
is already mounted!

I've tried to simply bypass this step in the installation by doing a
"Custom" installation, but by the time I get to the point where I'm to
select packages, the installer tells me that I must first have selected
the "type".

I know some others have run into this...has no one found a solution?

Thanks,

David