Upgrading to XFree86 4.1.0

Subject: Upgrading to XFree86 4.1.0
From: Seth (mcbean31@newpaltz.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 21:42:12 MST

Hey all I've been thinking of upgrading X to version 4.1.0 from the 3.3.6
version included with YDL 2.0. I have kept my machine pretty close to the
stock config of YDL. I was just wondering if there was any special that is
not included in the install instructions at the XFree86 site? Is there a
special YDL rpm for XFree 4.1.0?
I'm trying to get X to work with an ATI Xclaim 3D card and a Dell P780. So
far I can only get 8bpp at 1024x768 stable. Have any of you had any success
in getting a Mach64 based card to work with X at 16- or 24-bit color? I just
need a point in the right direction.

Thanks if you can help,
Seth