X Windows Artifacts?

Subject: X Windows Artifacts?
From: Lux Lethal (luxlethal@luxlethal.force9.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2001 - 16:56:03 MST

I have installed YDL 2.0 on a UMAX Pulsar. In text mode everything
appears to work fine. When I use X windows (KDE) it's a different
story. When I perform any function which puts new graphics on the
screen (eg open a window or drop down menu), if I move it or alter it
in some way it leaves the old window/text where it was and displays
the new graphics too. If these are in the same area of the screen
they over write each other leaving a mess all over the screen. The
more you open the worse it gets. what is odd though, is when I close
the window/menu it all looks fine. Some times it hangs if I try to
move an icon, not sure if this is related?

After I logout of X windows there is a big list of errors (one of
them is cpu overload...?!).

I have played around for hours trying to sort this out, not sure if
it's the PC, video card, monitor or configuration?

Help!

Lex.