Won't startup after 2.1 upgrade

Subject: Won't startup after 2.1 upgrade
From: Marc Stergionis (stermarc@home.com)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 13:17:01 MST

I had YDL2 running well on my Power 100 (8100 clone). I upgraded
using yup and that went well, things worked nicely and appeared
updated when I logged out and in.

Problem now, is that after I restarted, I get an endless loop from
the text login window to the attempt to start X. The machine was set
to automatically boot into X. But the text login appears momentarily
(not long enough to type in my username) and then goes to the gray X
screen, but the X "cursor" doesn't move and then it flashes back to
the text login screen.

... of course now I see why text logins are recommended :(

The Nubus port is a 2.4.5 kernel.

I've tried the combinations of the control and function keys, but
get nothing from that.

Any way to get past this, or did I break it?

-ms

--
Many have Montana envy ... the lucky get to live here!
Marc Stergionis